International (Dutch/ Russian) Classical Choir and Orchestra project
Who we are:
The renowned Soglasije choir- a Dutch/ Russian choir-, based in the Amsterdam area, the choir and orchestra of the Lomonosov State University of Moscow, Russia (MSU) and the symphonic orchestra of the Vrije Universiteit of Amsterdam, the Netherlands will participate in a unique, independent cultural project that will focus on a positive commitment in cultural relations between the participating students, organizations and countries.
We aim for a line-up with leading musicians, a symphonic Dutch student symphonic orchestra and two prestigious choirs from Russia and the Netherlands, with a 50/50 Russian/Dutch cast of the choir. This unique classical music cooperation between choirs, orchestra, conductors and both universities includes the cantata St. John of Damascus, by composer: S. Taneyev and the Polovtsian Dances( Opera Prince Igor), by composer: A. Borodin. The concerts will be performed in spring 2022 in the Netherlands with both choirs, and in July 2022 in Moscow, Russia at Dom Muzyki and Zaryard’ye concert Hall with all participants. The repertoire has been selected with great care and consideration with regard to the participating parties, the post COVID-19 pandemic concert setting and atmosphere and to honor the history and heritage of both countries. The project is positively supported by the embassy of the Netherlands in Moscow, the embassy of the Russian Federation in the Hague, the local government and Dutch cultural Funds. The project department team of the Soglasije choir is responsible for the international choir project organization and has started with the project development, you will be working for them.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for 2 interns per term of 3 months in 2021 and 2022 who are willing to learn more about arts project management in an international project organization based in the Amsterdam area. For sure a hands-on role that requires an intern with a desire to learn, strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of our team.
What you will be doing depends on your choice of project topic from the description below:
• Develop an international (digital) marketing plan;
• Develop and implement international arts management project planning;
• Organization of concert and travel planning;
• Financial planning of sponsorship and cultural funding.
• 3rd or 4th year Bachelor student (University or Higher education background);
• Professional outlook, independent, dedicated, pro-active, cross- cultural sensitivity, self-starter, energetic;
• Personal interest in classical music and Russian culture is a plus;
• Flexibility (occasionally we need you to be present during the weekends or evenings during concerts and the concert weeks in the Netherlands and Russia);
• Good command of English or/ and Dutch, both spoken and written, is required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office/ Teams and social media literacy is a plus;
• Ability to work both independently and in a team;
• Availability of at least 3 months with 32 hrs./week is preferred. Hours are negotiable;
• Starting from February or April of 2021 onwards, and because of the ongoing pandemic you will work from home most of the time.
What we will offer you:
• A dynamic organization structure where you can have a substantial impact;
• An easy-going, supportive and friendly atmosphere;
• A great learning experience in a team of business and arts professionals and students with extensive knowledge and experience in the field, and an opportunity to expand your network internationally;
• An internship allowance (depending on the final agreed schedule and period).
Dit zijn vaardigheden en competenties die je reeds moet bezitten om de functie goed te kunnen uitoefenen
Dit zijn vaardigheden en competenties die je in deze rol verder kunt ontwikkelen.
Login of maak snel je account aan. TalentZ maakt een slimme match tussen jou en het bedrijf! Zo zie je direct of deze stageplaats bij jou past!